Mississippi’s coronavirus cases have nearly doubled since yesterday; Here’s a county breakdown
Published 10:09 am Saturday, March 21, 2020
As availability of testing for the novel coronavirus COVID-19 improves more cases are being identified. The Mississippi Department of Health reported an additional 60 cases Saturday morning, nearly doubling the prior day’s amount.
Mississippi now has 140 confirmed coronavirus cases and one reported death from the virus.
Here are the new cases located, by county.
The number of people infected worldwide surpassed the 286,000 mark. Deaths topped 11,900, but the number of people considered recovered reached over 89,000, according to a tally kept by Johns Hopkins University.
The University’s tracking shows approximately 19,600 cases in the U.S.
Everyone is warned to take the necessary precautions to help limit the spread of COVID-19 and stay safe and healthy.
These precautions include:
- Washing your hands for at least 20 seconds and frequently
- Covering your cough or sneeze with your arm
- Avoiding touching your face
- Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Avoiding close contact with others
- And staying home if you are sick