Mississippi distillery offering free hand sanitizer Wednesday
Published 12:00 pm Tuesday, April 7, 2020
A Mississippi vodka and whiskey distillery is once again partnering with the City of Jackson to offer free hand sanitizer to the public.
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, Cathead Distillery is making hand sanitizer, instead of vodka. Last week, Cathead made access to four 55-gallon drums of the sanitizer available, at no charge. People, needing the sanitizer to help fight the virus, were allowed to fill 12-ounce containers of the stuff.
The more than 200 gallons of free sanitizer didn’t last long. Owners say they served more than 2,000 customers before supplies were depleted.
On Wednesday, Cathead will once again offer its Comfort & Mercy hand sanitizer at six locations in Jackson starting at 10 a.m.
The free hand sanitizing stations will be available until supplies last at the following six locations :
- Corner Market Maywood Mart at 1220 East Northside Drive
- Corner Market Fondren at 653 Duling Avenue
- Corner Market Belhaven at 904 Fortification Street
- Corner Market Westland Plaza at 915 Ellis Avenue
- Kroger at 4910 I-55 North
- Walmart Tire and Lube Center on the West Side of building at 2711 Greenway Drive