No suspects in road rage that left Mississippi man dead on highway
Published 10:03 pm Monday, June 8, 2020
Two weeks after a Mississippi man was apparently shot and killed on a Mississippi highway in a road rage incident that lasted more than 17 miles, police are seeking the public’s help to identify the suspects.
Brandon Box, 30, of Gulfport, was killed during the Memorial Day encounter on Interstate 10 in south Mississippi, Jackson County Coroner Bryce Lynd Jr. said.
Box and another driver somehow became engaged in a road rage incident. Box’s truck was eventually riddled with bullets and Box was shot and killed.
A reward of up to $2,500 is being offered for information on the shooter.
Police recently released additional information on the incident in hopes that it will cause someone to come forward with additional information about the suspects:
• The road rage activity occurred between the 68-mile marker and the 51-mile marker on westbound Interstate 10.
• Law enforcement has not confirmed that the suspect vehicle came into Mississippi from Alabama.
• The suspect vehicle was believed to be a small white SUV with a Louisiana tag.
• The suspect vehicle was believed to be driven by a black female with a black male passenger in the front seat.
• There was an unknown number of subjects, of unknown race and gender, in the back seat of the suspect vehicle.
• There was a firecracker thrown from the suspect vehicle into the bed of the victim’s truck at the foot of the Pascagoula bridge near the rest area.
•The suspect used a 9-mm caliber weapon.