Undercover Mississippi human trafficking operation results in arrests of six people
Published 9:51 am Saturday, December 9, 2023
An undercover human trafficking operation in Mississippi has resulted in the arrests of six people on child exploitation and prostitution charges.
On Tuesday, November 27th, at approximately 9:00 a.m., the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation Special Victims Unit led an undercover human trafficking operation in the greater Tupelo, Mississippi area, named “Operation Blue Christmas.”
“In the fight against human trafficking, we must continue efforts that illuminate a path where every life is valued and protected,” said MBI Director Lt. Colonel Charles Haynes. “Thank you to all agencies involved for your impactful work done to protect the vulnerable. Together, we will continue to strengthen our partnerships and combat this heinous crime.”
This operation resulted in the arrests of six individuals and assistance was offered to seven potential victims.
The arrests include:
- Tyler Russell Dyer, 40, was charged with Child Exploitation and Felony Possession of Meth
- Travis Glen McCraw, 47, was charged with Procuring Prostitution
- Dwight John Bails, 64, was charged with Procuring Prostitution
- Christian Samuel Lampkin, 23, was charged with Procuring Prostitution
- Richard Ray Rorie, 55, was charged with Procuring Prostitution
- Jason Lakale Foulks, 50, was charged with Procuring Prostitution
The agencies involved with this operation are as follows; the Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics, the Tupelo Police Department, the Lee County District Attorney’s Office, the Center for Violence Prevention, One Breath Street Ministries, the Mississippi State Department of Health, Office Against Interpersonal Violence, and the University of Southern Mississippi Center for Human Trafficking Research and Training.