Mississippi woman and her two dogs found dead. Officials believe carbon monoxide poisoning is cause.

Published 12:58 pm Monday, January 8, 2024

Officials believe that a Mississippi woman and her two dogs died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

On Jan. 5, Family members found Antoinette Smith, 34, in a car parked near Union Academy in North Columbus.

Officials believe that on Wednesday, Jan. 3, Smith and her two dogs sought shelter in the car, which was inoperative, and placed a charcoal grill in the driver’s seat to keep warm.

Subscribe to our free email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox

It was not until Friday that family members found Smith and her two dogs dead in the car.

Authorities do not believe there was any foul play and that carbon monoxide poisoning was the cause of death.