Markets join Mardi Gras fun at Mississippi locations
Published 9:04 pm Saturday, January 13, 2024
Let the good times roll with Winn-Dixie during Carnival season this year. The grocer is honoring its long-standing heritage by celebrating time-honored traditions and flavors locals know and love. From king cakes to parades, Winn-Dixie has all the classic food and fun to make this year’s Mardi Gras memorable.
Jennifer Robertson, Regional Vice President for Winn-Dixie, said, “We are incredibly proud to serve the unique communities in Louisiana for nearly 70 years. It is a privilege to honor the long-standing local traditions that make our home truly special, and we are excited to join hands with our neighbors to revel in the spirit of Mardi Gras again this year. This Carnival season, Winn-Dixie continues to celebrate the fun-filled culture and decadent flavors that connect us all to the heart of the Gulf Coast. Laissez les bons temps rouler!”
A Carnival season staple, Winn-Dixie is now offering freshly baked king cakes in more than 50 different varieties, including traditional cinnamon, cream cheese, strawberry and chocolate – as well as two new flavors, cannoli and Chantilly. To pair with its tasty and unique king cakes, Winn-Dixie also offers a variety of party-ready foods, including a selection of freshly prepared finger sandwiches and delicious assorted wings. Customers can conveniently shop for Mardi Gras themed décor and apparel, plus award-winning beer, wine and liquor options at their neighborhood stores.
Winn-Dixie is proud to infuse local stores with the spirit of Mardi Gras and celebrate with customers throughout the season by hosting several free events across the Gulf Coast. Local community members can enjoy fun-filled revelry to celebrate while they shop at their neighborhood stores. Festivities will include:
- Long Beach Winn-Dixie Pre-Parade Party: Ahead of the Carnival Association of Long Beach’s annual Mardi Gras night parade, the Winn-Dixie store, located at 109 N. Cleveland Ave. in Long Beach, Mississippi, will host a family friendly community party on Saturday, Feb. 3 from 3 – 6 p.m. with music and delicious food for pre-parade snacking.
Meet-and-Greet with Local Artist, Becky Fos: In partnership with Coca-Cola, Winn-Dixie will host four meet-and-greet events for customers to receive a free signed print from popular local artist Becky Fos in select Louisiana and Mississippi stores:
- Wednesday, Jan. 31 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. at the Kenner Winn-Dixie, located at 2104 Williams Blvd., Kenner, LA 70062
- Wednesday, Jan. 31 from 4 – 6 p.m. at the Mandeville Winn-Dixie, located at 4100 LA Highway 59, Mandeville, LA 70471
- Thursday, Feb. 1 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. at the Gause Blvd. Winn-Dixie, located at 2985 Gause Blvd., Slidell, LA 70461
- Thursday, Feb. 1 from 4 – 6 p.m. at the Gulfport Winn-Dixie, located at 11312 U.S. Highway 49, Gulfport, MS 39503
Local stores will remain open during normal business hours on Fat Tuesday to serve customers as they partake in the merrymaking.
With nearly 100 years of experience serving southeastern communities, Winn-Dixie remains steadfast in its goal to provide customers with a localized experience focused on superior value and convenience. The grocer is committed to providing extensive selections of local favorites and everyday brands with winning prices to make every “making groceries” experience easy and convenient. For more information, customers are encouraged to visit www.winndixie.com.